Monday, January 18, 2010

First Stencils

So this is one of my first attempts at working with stencils. Not a huge fan of them but since the news of the earthquake that shook Haiti I started making these stencils for a quick poster to sell and raise funds. I have to say that it was pretty fun making it, a little like working out a puzzle. They're not perfect, or at least at that level that I would like them to be, but they serve the purpose for now.
The words "Sové Ayiti" in Creole translate to "Save Haiti" which was a show at the Nuyorican Poets Cafe last Sunday. It was a DOPE fundraiser for the organization Doctors Without Borders located in Haiti. Not really the ideal spot to set up shop and sell (pretty small and packed) so I only ended up selling one. Oh well, there will be more events to send help to Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment